It’s easy to forget to take care of your vehicle, but proper maintenance and safe driving habits are needed to keep your vehicle up and running the way you want. Let’s explore the car care New Year’s Resolutions you should make this year.
Top 5 Car Resolutions for 2020
Here are the top 10 things you should resolve to do for your car, truck or SUV in 2020:
- Regular car maintenance — Your car needs to be taken care of in order to run properly for as long as possible. Your #1 vehicle New Year’s Resolution should be to stick to your car maintenance schedule, which includes:
- Oil changes — It’s usually recommended that you get your car’s oil changed every 3,000 miles or every 3 months, though this is dependent on your vehicle and how you drive.
- Tire pressure — Check your tire pressure on a monthly basis and reinflate as needed.
- Tire rotations — You should have your tires rotated every 6,000-8,000 miles or every 6 months.
- Brake pad checks — Brake pads often needs to be replaced between 25,000-50,000 miles. You can get it checked during oil changes or other maintenance procedures.
- Battery tests — You should test your battery twice a year.
- Keep your car clean — It can be easy to forget to clean your car, both the inside and the outside. Make it your resolution to do this more regularly. For the interior, you can clean this out while filling up on gas. Exterior car washes often cost an average of $15, which is a small investment to make once a month or every 2-3 months.
- Don’t drive while distracted — It may seem harmless to respond to that one text while driving, but it’s extremely dangerous. It only takes one incident of distracted driving to lead to damage or injuries on the road. Put a reminder on your steering wheel to not text or call while on the road.
- Be patient while driving — Road rage can lead to car accidents. Practicing patience while driving makes the road safer — and also leads to less stress for you.
- Invest for the future — Start saving for your next vehicle. By saving up your money now, you’ll avoid stress in the future when your vehicle needs to be replaced (or you just want an upgrade).
Schedule Auto Maintenance in Wilmington, NC
Get 2020 off to the right start with a vehicle maintenance checkup in Wilmington, NC. Learn about the services offered by the expert technicians at Matthews Motors of Wilmington, and schedule your appointment today.